Panacur® Paste dewormer from Merck
Panacur® Paste dewormer from Merck Animal Health contains 10% fenbendazole as the active ingredient to kill four common internal parasites in horses. Effective against large and small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids (roundworms), Panacur has an apple-cinnamon flavor that makes it readily acceptable to horses and therefore easy to administer. One convenient, prefilled 25 gm oral syringe treats 1,100 pounds; syringe is marked in 250 pound increments. This dewormer may be administered to pregnant mares and young foals.
Panacur Paste Dewormer:
1. Determine the weight of the horse.
2. Remove syringe tip.
3. Turn the dial ring until the edge of the ring is nearest the tip that lines up with zero.
4. Depress plunger to advance paste to tip.
5. Now set the dial ring at the graduation nearest the weight of the horse (do not under dose)
6. Horse's mouth must be free of food.
7. Insert nozzle of syringe though the interdental space and deposit the paste on the back of the tongue by depressing the plunger