Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Natural™
Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Natural™ provides the taste your dog loves and the nutrition he needs for physical well-being and good health. Primitive Natural™ offers a grain and gluten-free, protein-rich diet of turkey meal, chicken meal and whitefish meal, satisfying your dog's instinctual craving for animal nutrition.
Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Whitefish Meal, Dried Egg Product, Tomato Pomace, Peas, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Carrots, Spinach, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Taurine, Beta-Carotene, L-Carnitine, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Folic Aid, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Salt, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product.
Taking care of your dog's overall health starts by feeding him properly. We suggest using this chart as a guide.
- Adjust amounts accordingly over time. These portions are averages; portions will vary by the age, activity, size, and temperament of your dog.
- When introducing Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Natural™ to your dog's diet, mix increasing amounts of Primitive Natural™ with decreasing amounts of the old food over a one-week period.
- During gestation and lactation, feed two to three times as much food as recommended in the Daily Feeding Guide for the weight of your adult dog.
- Puppies start to eat solid foods at three to four weeks of age and should have free access to solid food from that time until weaning. You may keep Earthborn Holistic®Primitive Natural™ before your puppy at all times. Most puppies will satisfy their nutritional needs as their appetites dictate.
- Have clean, fresh water available for your dog at all times.
|Weight of Dog||Food per Day|
|5 to 20 lbs.||1/4 to 1-1/4 cups|
|20 to 35 lbs.||1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups|
|35 to 50 lbs.||1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups|
|50 to 65 lbs.||2-1/4 to 2-3/4 cups|
|65 to 80 lbs.||2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups|
|80 to 95 lbs.||3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups|
|95 to 115 lbs.||3-3/4 to 4-1/4 cups|
Due to extreme palatability, free feeding is not recommended. Follow feeding guidelines.
A standard 1 cup (8 oz.) measuring cup holds approximately 4.75 ounces of Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Natural™.
|Crude Protein, minimum 38.00%|
|Crude Fat, minimum 20.00%|
|Crude Fiber, maximum 2.50%|
|Moisture, maximum 10.00%|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), minimum 0.05%|
|Calcium, minimum 1.50%|
|Phosphorus, minimum 1.00%|
|Vitamin E, minimum 250 IU/kg|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), minimum 100 mg/kg*|
|L-Carnitine, minimum 50 mg/kg*|
|Beta-Carotene, minimum 5 mg/kg*|
|Taurine, minimum 0.05%*|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids, minimum 3.30%*|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids, minimum 0.40%*|
|*Not recognized as an essential ingredient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.|
Calorie Content: (M.E. Calculated, as fed) 3,800 kcal/kg, 445 kcal/cup
Earthborn Holistic® Primitive Natural™ is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages, except for growth of large size dogs (70 lbs. or more as an adult).